What is Mead?
Mead is fermented honey water! We often like to call it honey wine, as the process is similar to that of traditional grape wines. Just like any wine, mead can be dry or sweet, combined with fruit or spices, the possibilities are endless!
Does it age well?
Yes it does! We’ve been making mead here at Dancing Bee for just over 6 years and we still haven’t encountered a mead that went bad! The older the mead, the smoother and more developed its flavors become.
Do you make grape wine?
Yes we do! We have a selection of traditional Reds and Whites, and we even combine honey and grape winemaking in many of our products (Texas Two-Step and our line of Portomel dessert meads).
Do you do tastings?
Our wine bar, located inside the Walker Honey Farm Store, is open for tastings 7 days a week.
Where can I buy your mead?
In our store, online (Texas customers only), or at select Bell County Twin Liquors locations.
Do you have a club?
Yes! Check out the details in our store or at walkerhoneyfarm.com/clubs.
Do you have tours?
Yes, join us on the first Saturday of each month as we take guests on our “Bee-to-Bottle” Farm Tour. Click here for more information on pricing and reservations.
Can you ship to a P.O. Box?
We ship all orders via UPS ground. Packages addressed to a P.O. Box may be delayed, will not be covered by any UPS Service Guarantee, and will require an address correction charge. Additionally, Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO) addresses are not accepted.
Why can’t you ship mead out of Texas?
Shipping our mead out of Texas would require label compliance, fees and taxes to be paid to each individual state with each state we ship to. Unfortunately alcohol laws are not conducive to interstate trade.
Why won't the website take my credit card?
1. The billing address and zip code do not match the card.
2. The zip code matches but the street address does not match the card.
3. The street address matches but zip code does not match the card.
4. The street address and zip code are not available (left the field blank).
5. The CVC does not match the card or left the field blank.
6. The card has expired.
7. The card may have some kind of hold on it.
8. We do not accept American Express.
9. If you are still having trouble, please call our store staff at (254) 983-2899 (BUZZ).